Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

Just Because ~~

For this project I am entering it into the following challenges:

Our Creative Corner - Their Challenge this week is "Anything Goes" I love those because they allow me to do anything I want.

Simon Says Challenge Blog - This weeks theme is "Happy Mail" make something to mail for no special occasion.. just because.

So for those themes I decided I wanted a sort of shabby chic look to my card and I've been dying to use this stamp set that I just bought off craigslist. It's a Stampin Up retired set and I've been looking for it for awhile.


So for starters I cut out my card base using some craft core paper and then sanded the front of it.


I then grabbed some scrap paper from my scrap stash, this is a great way to use up some of that scrap paper.

I tore it along the edges to the size I wanted and used gathered twigs distress ink to go along the edges. 


I also used Tim Holtz's distress tool along the edges of the card and ran distress ink over that as well.
I laid it all out before I adhered anything until I got it just the way I wanted. 


I stamped my sentiment with archival brown ink and heat embossed the flower stamp with some brownish/copper embossing powder.



I cut out the butterfly from some other scrap paper and adhered it with a glue dot so that the wings can stand up.


I decided that I wanted something else to add to the card so I cut out some flowers using Tim's movers and shapers tattered floral dies.

I added a brad and put them in the lower corner of the card. I also added a few little pearl gems.


This card went fast and it was simple to put together and I got to use up some of my scrap paper, so it's a win/win. I think I will send this one off to a friend, she will love to receive the "Happy Mail"
Here is the final card all together. I love it!!




Thanks for coming by, have a great day.

7 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card, I think your friend will be very happy to receive it =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely delicious... I love the layered mats of torn paper, and the flower looks so cool in its coppery emboss - fabulous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Claudine...this is so beautiful! The embossed flowers are gorgeous and the torn paper yummy! So so so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful Card, Claudine. Love the torn paper.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claudine, the embossed flower is lovely and your torn edges look fab.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fantastic mix of media to create a wonderful card Claudine. Thanks for joining us at Our Creative Corner this time, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Wonderful inky layers and I adore the flowers and beautiful copper embossing - Thanks for sharing this with us at Our Creative Corner Love from Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete