Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Bookmark It!!

It's a beautiful day here in Virginia today. I actually was able to go for a run this morning without getting rained on. I have been super busy the passed week and haven't been able to spend nearly enough time in my craft room. I've been missing it, it's calling my name. So today I was able to carve out some time to finish a project I started last week.

I am entering this project into two challenges:

Simon Says Stamp and Show - Their challenge this week is: "A Little Paper", this is a breeze for me, I always seem to use some sort of paper in all of my creations. 

Artful Times Challenge Blog - They have a "Bloomin" Challenge this week, Flowers are the game there. 

I decided to create something using some of my wonderful Gelli prints. I am just enamored with this thing and I always love the lovely prints that I can make with it.

Here are my prints before I started..



I cut my background into a long rectangle for my bookmark base.

I used a Sizzix Flower die cut to cut out some flowers. Here are some close-up of the flowers, I love the texture that the gelli plate gives my flowers.




I also used a Quickcutz Vine die and black card stock for the vine, I love this die. I think it is no longer available but there is another really great one here:
Vine 
and if you use discount code ACCorner at checkout you can get 20% off your order. They are also the great company that sell the Genius Platform System that I reviewed last week.
(Please note: I am an affiliate with Lifestyle Crafts and may make a small commission on your purchase)

I added a sentiment and some beautiful ribbon and it was done! Easy as pie to do something with your gelli plate prints and the end result is so great.



This is going off to someone very special. I sure hope she likes it. :)
Thanks for stopping by everyone.


12 comments:

  1. What super, supersized flowers :)
    thank you for sharing with us at Artful Times
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats super! the gelli plate seems to be getting very popular - and i love what you have produced with it. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The recipient will love it. Very happy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great bookmark - I love your gelli prints! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love to see a bookmark...and perfect to make one out of all those smaller pieces of paper that we all have. Your Gelli Plate prints are fantastic! Thanks for making a big impact with a little paper this week here at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely bookmark - and you are right - the gelli plate made a great texture for the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Am sure your special someone will love that bookmark. Thanks for joining us at Artful Times.
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not sure whether my comment went through or not. I was saying that your special someone will love that bookmark.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Artful Times.

    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your gelli print backgrounds are really beautiful - great idea for a lovely bookmark. Anne x

    ReplyDelete