Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Mother Day Card

The season of Mother's Day is fast approaching and I have a few cards that I need to make for this. Sister and Sis-In-Laws cards, Mother In Law and My Mom, so I figured I'd better get a jump on it.
We are also prepping to move in June and I have a full few weeks coming up. I'm not sure how much crafting I will be able to get done. I just want you to know so that If I am scarce the next month or two then you all know why I'm not blogging as much.


I am entering this project into a few challenges:

The Octopode Factory Challenge - This time their challenge is all about flowers. Lilly (artist of Octopode Characters) also offered two free flower digi's for this challenge. You can get those HERE if you want. 

Two Creative Chicks - Their theme this month is Mother's Day.
They have a couple of sponsors giving away some great prizes too. 
I didn't do a huge tutorial for this one because this was a learning process for myself. I finally broke out my Sizzix  Accordian Flip Die, I've been dying to use this one for awhile. I watched a few youtube videos on how to do it and just went with it. It's not perfect but I think it came out ok.
I used craft core cardstock for the base of my card, in a sort of manilla color. I sanded and Distressed it with distress ink. I also used craft core cardstock for the pink, insert portion of my card as well. I used a cuddlebug embossing folder to emboss it, I sanded it and went over it with distress ink.


I love the way the fired brick distress ink makes that background pop. 

I used some Ocotopode Factory Characters for my card. The little girl and the flowers are both by Lilly Chivers. You can get to her online store HERE. She has some great characters. I colored both with distress stains by dabbing the color onto my craft sheet and using a paintbrush to color. I love the way Lilly's Characters just take on a life of their own.




Next I added some stamping to the background with some of Tim Holtz stamps. After that, I drew the letters M-O-M onto another piece of craft core paper and cut them out. Then I just put the entire thing together. Here is my finished card.



Thanks once again for coming by. If you happen to have this die, you should definitely take it out and have some fun with it, it's scrumptious!


7 comments:

  1. A beautiful card with such an adorable image!Sweet colors and love the flowers!!Awesome job!
    Thanks fro linking up at 2 Creative Chicks.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    ♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable is this card? Love that sweet little girl and what a great use of that accordion flip die! No doubt I would have many issues and some words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How bright and fun! Love your use of that die. And best wishes on packing and moving.... that can be so stressful... hope it goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete