Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

So In Love ~

Good Sunday to you all. Things here are once again beautiful. My hubby and I went on our morning walk with out little dog. 

For today's post I am focused on "Clean and Simple". It is the challenge for this week over at Artful Times Challenge blog. Neet and Von always have some fun challenges and this one was a toughie for me. I don't usually do clean and simple with mostly white showing up. I'm glad I did it though, I love a good challenge.

I decided to do a card for this one and started with some scrap paper. 

I used Wendy Vecchi's stamp set called "Art From The Heart". This is a new stamp set for me and I just love everything in it.


I also wanted to partake in this week's challenge over at my yahoo group  everythingwendyvecchi. The challenge this week is "stamp through a stencil". For that I used the wording and Wendy's heart stencil.


I used white cardstock and stamped through her stencil and then outlined the hearts with black marker. The photo was taken after I cut out my hearts (forgot to take one during the process, sorry) you get the idea, right? LOL

I laid everything out onto my card for placement purposes and used a piece of scrap cellophane to "practice" my placement of my sentiment.


I only used part of this stamp for the sentiment, as you can see ih the photo about, this stamp has a heart in it and I left the heart out. I then simply stamped the sentiment onto cellophane and that way I can move it around to see exactly where I want it. (got this idea from my friend Marjie Kemper)

Once everything was placed where I wanted it, I went ahead and adhered everything to my card. I added some paper flowers and used a scrap piece of fabric ribbon. I just love how it turned out. Clean and Simple.




Thanks for stopping by, have a great sunny Sunday! 



7 comments:

  1. Very clean and crisp work love the images

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a super card :) and nice to see some texture not usually associated with CAS cards.
    Thank you for joining us at Artful Times
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. So dramatic in colour and composition - a great card!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is lovely - I like the contrast with the three colours you have used and, as Von said, it is nice to see some texture.
    Thanks you for joining us at Artful Times. Hugs, Neet xx (I have been away, sorry I am so late)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW....What a gorgeous card, just love it!!
    Ann-R xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous and very unusual! Love the colours and the stamps are so cool! xx

    ReplyDelete