Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Twelve Tags of 2013

As you all know I am working each month on Tim's Twelve Tags of 2013. I am not doing tags but I am doing a sort of ATC sized card for each month in order to display them in my 7 Gypsies printers tray.

This is what Tim's beautiful tag looks like. Stunning!!


Here is how my finished creation turned out



I used a butterfly stamp instead of the dragonfly because the dragonfly was a bit large for the size I'm doing. I simply took Tim's butterfly stamp from the Papillon set and just used one of the butterflies on it.
I also used this mini blueprint gears from the Mini Blueprint 3 set for the background.


I did the distress paint background the same way Tim did his except I added the color Chipped Sapphire to the mix.


That Distress Metallic is so pretty and shimmery.


Once the background was stamped I used tissue tape. One of the tissue/washi tapes that I chose to use was really white in color so I took some distress stain, Walnut Stain and changed the color to more of a brown, aged look.



I colored the metal for my background the same way Tim did, with distress paint and a finger. 


The sentiment metal piece that Tim used was too large for mine so I made my own with this little frame and a word stamp. I made a background for it with distress paints in coordinating colors.


I added the wings the same way that Tim did his for the dragonfly. With some Wendy Vecchi, Clearly for Art and Archival ink. So cool looking. 



I think it came out really great and it looks super in my display along with my others.


Here are a few more photos of the finished piece.






I always have fun with Tim's 12 tags, I hope you will give this a shot and play along too. 
Thanks for stopping by and have a super day.

10 comments:

  1. Your "tag" looks stunning. Great idea to adjust the size!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love the background & gorgeous butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job with the challenge this month. I love that you're doing them ATC sized and putting them in the printer's tray. They look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tag is beautiful! Great job on the challenge!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely!!. A wonderful inspiration!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your display is really turning out beautiful. Love your take on the April tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This tag is so gorgeous I love it. Truly beautiful.Inspirational art always here.:)
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your tags are wonderful and look really nice together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastical!!! This is turning out so awesome!!! I love the butterffly and your background is just stunning! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the details and the painted parts... fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete