Pages

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It's Been Awhile

Wow, sorry it's been awhile since my last post. I've been a busy bee. My craft room had to be all moved to make room for new carpet and then the landlord decided to cancel the appointment so I had to move everything back without any work being done.
It did give me a chance to organize a bit and get some things moved around like I have been wanting to do, so it wasn't all bad. 
I've also been running around trying to get tons of appointments done prior to our PCS move in June. My husband is in the Air Force and we are heading West to Colorado Springs in June, woohoo! I'm excited!

Today I only had a little time to create so I put together some quick Mother's Day cards. Like I said in a previous post, I have quite a few I need to make this year. 
I didn't do much of a tutorial but I will let you know what items I used and how these came together.

For these two cards I went with a sort of monochromatic color pallet. I was thinking shades of browns. 

I used some Stampin Up stamp sets that I have had for awhile and don't use enough. I should get those out more, they are stunning.
I also used my Tim Holtz Bigz Sizzix dress form die and stamped it with a LeBlanche word stamp and also edged it with distress Inks.
For the hummingbird card, I made a mask with the humming bird and stamped the hummingbird first, then simply put my mask over it and stamped the floral background. Easy peasy!
The butterfly is from Graphic 45 paper, simply cut out and the circle scroll is from a Hero Arts. (love those)
I also added some little gems to the card on the right to dress it up a bit more. 



The hummingbird was cut into four equal pieces to sort of create a window-ish display.


I am entering these two cards into the challenge #4 over at 
Hobby Cutz Challenge blog. This week they are challenging us to do something Monochrome. 
Thanks for coming by and checking out my cards. I will be back soon with more tutorials and projects. Now that my room is back together and organized! YAY!


6 comments:

  1. Claudine, the chance to see your beautiful pieces of genius is always worth the wait! I love your Hummingbird application...such a wonderfully simple idea with such a big impact.

    I wish you all the best with your upcoming move. You are getting a bit closer to my home state of California so perhaps one day we could meet at a local show!

    Wishing you a creative and peaceful weekend!
    Kathy Jones
    Former ATT member where I first saw your beautiful art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudine, you always make wonderful art ,so you are moving to a diff state how long will you be in Colorado Springs , so will you be going back to where you live now or will you just stay in Colorado Springs I am sure you are used to moving a lot . Love , MaryR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Claudine. Love that dressmakers dummy. Yeah, yeah, love butterflies as well! The hummingbird's not too shabby either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love how you raised the wings on the butterfly. Good luck with moving, C!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Hobbycutz challenge this time.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Hobbycutz and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete