Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Just Fly Jumbo Tag and ATC


For today's project I decided to make a Jumbo tag and ATC for a friend of mine who needs a little "pick me up." 
I also wanted to partake in a few challenges (it wouldn't be like me if I didn't heehee) I will be entering this project into the following challenges:

Ranger's Blog - I decided to join their "color pallet" challenge and this month it's Earth Tones.
Fun With ATCs - Their new challenge is "Windows or Doors" and I used a window here to showcase the eyes
Simon Says Stamp and Show - The challenge this week is "Fly" I think I definitely hit that one with my phrase and butterfly. Simons Says always gives away a 50.00 voucher to one lucky winner too.
Sunday Stamper - Hels Sheridan - Her challenge this week is "Squares" 

So to start I'm using a Jumbo Ranger tag along with a matching ATC
First thing I did was covered my entire tag and ATC with Tim Holtz tissue paper. I adhered this with Claudine Hellmuth's Multi Medium


Next I used my Distress Paints to paint my tag and used a paper towel to wipe it as I went, drying in between layers.



I wanted a sort of patina look so that is why I chose these colors.
I also wanted to use my Distress Metallic paint that I just got so I broke that out and added a layer. I used the same technique, wiping it with a paper towel.

Check out a close-up of the lovelyness!! Beautiful! 
Once that was done and dry I used a Wendy Vecchi stamp and Sepia Archival Ink to make more of a background. This one is from her set called "Art From The Heart"

I had bought this crazy Window sticker from Michael's for like 90% off and I decided I wanted to use this here. I didn't want to use it as-is, it didn't go with what I was doing so I used Distress Embossing Powder and another powder to change the way it looked.


I also cut the flower and swirl part off of it. 
Next I used my handy dandy positioner from Stampin Up' to stamp my eyes in exactly the right spot onto my ATC. The eyes stamp comes from a Wendy Vecchi set called "An Eye for Art" (love this set)
I used Ranger black embossing powder to make the eyes stand out.
I glued the window frame over the eyes.
I didn't take another pic of this but you can see it in my finished product.


I then stamped another stamp from Wendy Vecchi's Stamp set "Art From the Heart" and used it as a border on the bottom of my tag. I also embossed it with the Distress Embossing powder. This is the same powder I used for my frame window. You can see where I stamped the wording in this photo too.

This part was fun... I used Tim's distress Paint and metallic distress paint to change the color of this "bling" that I had. I wanted to add this to the background but wanted it to match my project.
These are the colors I used

I used my little dabber to dab the paint onto the bling 

 First layer - Broken China

Second Layer - Mowed Lawn

Third Layer - Antiqued Bronze


This is the final outcome - I really like it


Next I did the same step with a silver metal butterfly that I had



For the tag, I made a background using the same colors except for this I used Peeled Paint instead of mowed lawn. I wanted a darker green for my tag.  I just dabbed paint onto my craft sheet and spritzing with water and running my tag through it. 
I forgot to take a pic, so sorry, but you can see it behind the butterfly in the photo above.

I also used the same colors to create my flower below.


This phrase stamp is from one of Dyan Reaveley's set called Quintessential Quotes
it's one of my favorite phrases.



Last step is just putting it all together and your done!!
Here is my finished Jumbo tag with ATC







I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, this was fun to make. I'm hoping my friend likes is as much as I do because I really want to keep it!! teehee.. 

13 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE......All the colors !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading all the steps in your journey to a great tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely FABULOUS Claudine! I love the coloration...even the rhinestones...wow! The butterflies are fantastic and perfect with the quote! Thanks for soaring with us this week at Simon Says Stamp & Show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claudine...your tag is so lovely. I really love your background that you've done with the distress paints. I also love how you've altered the bling to coordinate with your background. Those Wendy eyes are awesome when couples with your altered frame. Love the butterfly and the Dyan Reaveley quote, too. They are great together! Beautiful job! Thanks for sharing your card with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag Claudine. Love the way you have altered everything to co-ordinate beautifully. Hugs, Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. GORGEOUSNESS... love how you used the paints to colourize all the components that make this piece of stunning art.... and... Thanks for joining in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just love it ......lucky friend !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it, especially what you did to the blingy things =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing tag/atc! I never even thought about inking up my bling to change the effects! Thank you for taking the time to explain everything and include all of the pictures! I really enjoyed your email and it's contents. Your friend will LOVE the surprise in her mail and I'm sure that you will win one of those challenges you entered! Teehee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the layers in your background, and the eyes are awesome framed that way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The eyes in the frame look great, Nice take on the window theme x Thanks for joining us at fun with ATC's

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow wow wow - what a great artwork - fantastic!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete