Pages

Friday, April 26, 2013

Spread Love



Hello all, it's another beautiful day here in Virginia. Not too hot and not too cold, it's just right. 
I had many errands to run this morning and then I came home and went straight into my craft room. 
I wanted to finish my challenge projects for a few blogs. So this creation will be entered into the following challenges:

Frilly and Funkie  - This week's challenge is "Upcycle for Earth Day", which should have been easy for me but for some reason was very difficult. I actually used some wood for this one that could have been trash for someone but was a useful piece for my art journal.

Stampotique Designers Challenge - They have a challenge this week called, "trimmed stamp images", which simply means to use parts and pieces of the stamps.

So to get started I opened up my art journal and found a page that had been created as a "wipe off" page and has been sitting there for awhile empty. It seemed like the perfect page for this project. You can see the Dylusions Stencil in there.


I took these little pieces of wood that I had laying around (I cannot recall where they even came from) and painted them with Tim Holtz Distress Paint and then set them aside to dry


I then stamped the Stampotique stamp called Daniel's Tree Topper, designed by Daniel Torrent and Jill Penney. Love this guy!
I stamped him using archival ink and colored him with distress markers.  
This photo only shows one stamped image but I stamped him three times and used the heart twice more in my project. 



I also used a stamped called Tenticurl and one called Seaweed and stamped those onto the bottom of my page. I used portions of both. (those are both designs from Jo Capper-Sandon over at Stampotique)



I also added some circles onto my journal page using distress ink and a piece of paper as a template. (way to recycle, right?) haha!!



Once that was done I wrote my sentiment onto the wood with a permanent marker and adhered everything to my page. I also took a white gel pen and went around my hearts and Daniel, so that they would pop a little more.

Before

After





I hope you like today's page. Thanks for stopping by and spending some time with me. 





5 comments:

  1. "Like" is an understatement, Claudine...I LOVE this! I don't yet have the "Tree Topper," but have admired it from a distance for a while now! I love that your page began from a "wipe off" page--I am currently "wiping off," but have not yet used one of those pages. You have inspired me to do so!! Thanks for sharing this fun page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're probably getting tired of me saying it but this is too cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic journalling page Claudine. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie with your wonderful work, hugs Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your background works so well with the used images!
    thanks for playing with us at Stampotique Designer challenge ;)
    france

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous journal page! Thanks for sharing it with us at Frilly and Funkie!

    ReplyDelete