Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Color This Quote

Over at Artist In Blogland they have this challenge once a month called, "Color This Quote"
What they do is give you a quote and you interpret that into your crafting and then enter it into their challenge. I've had a great time joining in on these challenges and I always love their quotes.
For this month the Quote is:
"Always be a first-rate version of yourself instead of a second -rate version of somebody else"
Judy Garland

I love this quote and always wanted to do a journal page with the challenge and I had this fun background in my journal. I had done this background quite awhile ago and then just left it. I just used rolodex cards, sprays and stamps to create it.
Today I went back to it and created this page for the challenge.


I added the yellow dots, stars, girls and quote to the page. Everything else was done previously. 
I used lots of Dyan Reaveley's Dylusions sprays and stencils, Distress Ink, Tim Holtz water mark stamp, Wendy Vecchi stamps and Dina Wakley Stencils. I also used my white gel pen to go around the stars and the girl.
I love how the page is nice and bright.



Thanks for stopping by the blog today. I hope you have a great weekend!!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome interpretation of the quote and I'm so glad you joined in the challenge. Those silhouettes are great and I love how you added the stars to one of them. Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog and I'm so happy I came to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good. I like these beautiful silhouettes and colors, excellent composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote, your silhouettes look fabulous.
    Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous colours and I love the black silhouettes against that vibrant colour - a great interpretation of the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creation, loving the silhouettes.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and how the stencils stand out against them!

    ReplyDelete